Discharge Chute & Hand Adjustable Flipper
All chippers are equipped with a 360 degree swivel discharge spout that is easy to swing and direct chips to where you want them. A hand-adjustable flipper at the end of the discharge can be adjusted to direct chips downward.
Discharge Chute & Hand Adjustable Flipper
All chippers are equipped with a 360 degree swivel discharge spout that is easy to swing and direct chips to where you want them. A hand-adjustable flipper at the end of the discharge can be adjusted to direct chips downward. These options make it easier to swivel & adjust the discharge without tools, ensuring optimal loading of trucks and trailers to the dump site. Chute extension is optional extra for fruit farmers who are doing chipping in the orchard. We've found that citrus farmers are chipping while trees are flowering, and therefore they don't want to damage the trees while chipping.
Spring Tensioning System
Our system provides downward pressure on the top feed wheel, adding crushing power to the in-feed
rollers. The springs provide little downward pressure when the in-feed roller is in the down position. They make it easy for the top wheel to open up to accommodate larger materials, adding pressure as the opening between the wheels expands.
Slide Box Feed System: Guide for feed wheels!
The top feed wheel runs in a slide box. This slide box allows the feed wheel to move straight up and down with the flow and diameter of the material passing through the feed system into the chipper. The feed wheel allows downward pressure for crushing material. All feed wheels are supported with heavy duty bearings on both ends.
Large In-feed Hoppers
Large Infeed-hoppers makes it easy to feed chippers and allows for high efficiency and productivity!
Because TOMCAT Chippers are manufactured in South Africa, all hydraulic components are locally available.
The 2200 & 2500 Series Chippers use dual infeed rollers.
The Hydraulic Infeed Rollers are driven with hydraulic motors with up to 800Nm Torque, which allows for a very aggressive infeed action. This minimizes preparation of material with side branches and saves operators a lot of time, and means more money in the owners pocket, whether your saving on labor costs or time to get your team to the next job.
All hydraulic chippers are equipped with a Auto feed sensor:
- It protects the chipper drum, v-belts, clutch and engine, especially when chipping bigger logs.
- Reversing Auto feed enables infeed rollers to take logs away from drum when auto feed protection are activated, and this allows the engine to recover quicker which results in higher production per shift, as it makes your chipping unit more efficient.
- This is a safety feature on all our hydraulic units. When material gets stuck, you can use this feature to reverse the material away from the chipper drum. It also makes the machines safer to use by the operators.
Yahama (used with Model 1000 Series Chippers)
Product Type: 4-stroke, 25.4mm Horizontal Parallel Keyed Direct Drive Shaft
Price: On Request
Spark Plug: NGK BPR4ES
Rated HP: 9.7HP (3600 RPM)
Oil tank capacity: 1100CC
Dimentions/other: 399 x 451 x 444 mm
Fuel capacity: 6.7L
Fuel consumption: 299G/ KW-H
Fuel type: Unleaded petrol
Ignition: Maintenance Free T.C.I (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
Lubrication: Splash Type
Max HP: 12HP (4000 RPM)
Max torque: 24.5N-m (2500 RPM)
Net weight: 33KG
Output shaft: Horizontal Parallel Keyed shaft
- 400 Series
- Highly competitive range of ratings and models to suit application needs
- Power range: 8.2 - 49.2 kW / 9-39.3 kVA
- Class leading NVH characteristics (noise, vibration and harshness)
- Compact package size for ease of installation
- Low cost ownership through 500 hour service interval and two year warranty
- Common installation HRC products
Roadworthy Easy Tow-able Trailers
Engine driven chippers are build on a trailer which can easily be towed by a one ton bakkie. This feature makes all our trailer units very affordable for small contractors & tree fellers, as it's SABS approved. The fact that you get your registration papers with your chipper on delivery, makes it hassle free and you can start using it from day one, knowing your chipper is roadworthy.