The Yamaha MZ360 is a premium grade petrol engine which provides maximum performance and efficient, dependable power. The first Yamaha engine was used on our chippers in 2009. Today it is widely used throughout the TOMCAT range on our gravity feed chippers, entry-level hydraulic-feed chippers, stump grinders, log splitters and tip trailers.
The following features makes this engine unique:
- Ultra low fuel consumption
- Extremely easy to start
- Oil low sensor and auto cut-out
- The intake mixture flow is optimised by the use of a swirl effect. It creates a uniform air/fuel mixture throughout the engine's combustion chamber, which increases power and increases the speed of combustion throughout the cylinder while simultaneously decreasing exhaust emissions and fuel consumption.
- A large muffler is fitted to reduce noise from the exhaust.
- The sleeve is made from cast iron to increase engine durability and decrease wear on the cylinder.
- SUH3 high hear resistant steel is used to manufacture the exhaust valve. The entire surface of the valve is polished Tuffride® finish, which increases the hardness and decreases the friction through the valve.
Due to the larger displacement of the MZ360 engine, a balancer shaft assembly is used to minimize vibration.
The HONDA GX630 petrol engine is a V-Twin high performance engine. The Honda GX630 is used on our 125 AFE Deluxe and Model 150 AFE units. They boast with a very wide dealer network internationally and a sound distribution system for their parts. The GX630 has the following features:
- Easy to start, operate and service
- 2 stage air filter to ensure proper protection against dust
- Purpose-built components ensure reliable, long term use.
- The high efficiency cooling fan generates high airflow to keep engine cool.
- Reduced noise levels
- Low oil sensor and cut-out switch
- The OHV design enhances combustion efficiency.
- The variable ignition timing (digital CDI) ensures high output with reduced fuel consumption.
Perkins engines originated in 1932 and are one of the market leaders worldwide today. The engines are manufactured in Peterborough. The PERKINS 400 Series diesel engines are used on our Model 150 & 200 wood chippers and the 1100 Series engines are fitted on our 375 Series. Some of the key benefits of the Perkins engines are the following:
- Superb fuel consumption
- Exceptional reliability
- Low cost of ownership in terms of running costs
- Easy to service
- Large and established dealer network across the country
- Spare parts are easily available
- Low noise levels and vibration
- High temperature cut-out switch
Kirloskar engines have been manufactured in Pune, India since 1946. The 4 cylinder air-cooled diesel engines are used in our Model 250 Series. Kirloskar South Africa started in 2003. The key features are as follows:
- Air-cooled engine, which can run in difficult environments and requires little maintenance
- 3 stage air filter for ultimate protection
- High torque unit
- Spare parts and service parts are easily available
- Safety cut-out switches are installed